The East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project (EHAHRDP) is proud to integrate fresh minds into the field of human rights by providing internship opportunities for local and international students. Interns are asked to engage in work that is closely related to their interest and skill-sets and are encouraged to implement their creativity while working with EHAHRDP.
All interns are based in the EHAHRDP office in Kampala, Uganda and work closely with EHAHRDP staff in the realisation of ongoing projects. EHAHRDP serves as the secretariat for two networks: East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Network and Pan-African Human Rights Defenders Network. The organisation strives to make the interns’ stay most beneficial for both sides through mutual learning and inspiration. For any questions regarding internships or related issues, please [email protected] / Tel. +256-312-265822.
York University Internship Program
Since summer 2008, EHAHRDP has received interns from York University in Canada as part of an ongoing internship programme. To be selected as an intern, students from York University engage in a competitive selection process in which candidates are required to prove their commitment to human rights and their ability to work in developing countries. For more information see http://international.yorku.ca/internships/indexYIIP.htm.
We welcome applications for internships from students interested in human rights work. Please consider the following when applying:
- Due to resource restrictions EHAHRDP can’t unfortunately offer paid internship positions. You should be able to cover your living and travel costs yourself.
- We prefer longer term internships between 3 to 12 months. Please indicate in your application which duration and period of time you would be available.
- Tell us in your application which issues, projects or tasks you would be most interested in.
- We accept applications throughout the year.
- Applications (cover letter and CV) can be sent to [email protected]